Powderhorn Park is hands down my favorite place. Not just in Minneapolis, but anywhere.
6. The park has 4 playgrounds. And each one has something different. That’s like little kid playground heaven.
5. Late night walks. In the summer. Especially when the sprinklers in the baseball fields come on. Every time I’ve left Minnesota for any great length of time, I’ve gone for a late night walk in the park the night before I left.
3. Fireworks on the 4th of July. I go early, camp out with a book and some snacks, and watch the park fill up around me. I always watch from under the big tree; I love seeing the colors shimmer through the branches.
2. The Powderhorn Art Fair. If you know me, you know this is my favorite weekend of the summer. I walk through the booths at least 3 times, wishing I had money to buy whole sets of dishes, wind chimes, photography. This year I bought my first real piece at the fair, a stone and iron crane to watch over my garden.
1. It is the perfect place to go running all year round. Every season brings something new and beautiful to enjoy as I loop the pond and the baseball fields. Trees in different stages of life. The frozen pond. Youth Farm. The heron that lives on the the island. Dog walkers. Teens holding hands on the dock.Comments: 2 Comments
Tags: May Day : Powderhorn Park