Folks, I don’t know why I haven’t written anything here in over a month. I do know that I spend 3 of those weekends traveling to MN, so that may have had something to do with it. But I have Monday’s off, it’s not like I don’t have enough time for this.
Anywho. Since I have yet to write September’s Seven Things post, and it’s nearly time for October’s, I figured I’d just get you all caught up on all the things we’ve been doing but not blogging about. It’s like 7 mini blogs in one!
1. Going back home for my high school reunion. Facebook/social media makes reunions weird. It’s all like, “Hey, I don’t really know you anymore, but I do know what you had for dinner last Thursday.” And what they say is true. Mostly everyone looks the same (or at least very similar) and we all kind of stayed friends with the same groups of people. A rough guess is that about half were married, although I think only 2 spouses actually came to the reunion. And a handful have babies. Conversation pieces of the night:
- Who is that guy? Did he really graduate with us? (one guy came to the reunion that many (of my social circle at least) of us didn’t remember from high school.
- Wait, she’s married to him? Two of my fellow class of ’02ers got married to each other (after meeting again post high school), and none of us would have predicted it.
- We have our suspicions somebody maybe got some work done.
2. Going back home for a dear old friend’s wedding. It was beautiful. She was beautiful. Husby and I danced a polka. And we got to catch up with some friends.
3. Husby’s first trip to the Minnesota State Fair. We spent pretty much the whole day at the fair, and my mom and youngest little brother joined us in the afternoon. We saw all the baby animals. Laughed at overgrown roosters and admired the plumage on chickens. Marveled at hundred pound pumpkins. And watched some awfully talented kids in the amateur talant contest. And of course we ate! Our foods of choice included
- fried cheese curds (of course)
- wild rice cheese burger
- fresh squeezed lemonade (x3 before the day was done)
- red velvet funnel cake
- reuben bites
- deep fried pickles
- giant pickle on a stick
- roasted corn
- 1919 rootbeer
4. We make yet another trip back to MN for the garlic party. Husby and I made feta and garlic stuffed roasted cherry tomatoes. Oldest little brother made beer (this may have been the deciding factor in me returning to MN for a 3rd time within a month) as well as some pretty tasty general tsao’s chicken. Middle little brother made cheese and bacon filled meat balls. Youngest little brother made deep fried ravioli. Yay garlic!
5. I found out that I qualify as a Michigan resident for my final semester of school! It’s not official yet, but this news is worth $10k.
6. Husby started on his psych rotation this week, so we surprisingly have a social life this month. I know, right? We went to a Tiger’s game on Tuesday, out to dinner with friends Monday and Thursday. And we have all sorts of fun things planned for the remaining 3 weeks of this rotation as well. There will be a corn maze in our future. And hopefully something out doors and haunted. And maybe a weekend get-away to Traverse city to celebrate our anniversary (eep!).
7. This weekend we’re headed to West Virginia to go rafting. Maybe I’ll actually blog about this after it happens. (But don’t hold your breath.)Comments: Be the first to comment
Tags: med school wife : MN state fair